Wednesday 13 May 2015

BACK ON TRACK

There has been something very different about this pregnancy.  Right from the beginning I have been plagued with incredible fatigue, unlike anything I experienced with Ayana.  Everyday feels like I'm just living for the next chance to lay my head on the pillow and get carried off into a deep slumber, only to wake up feeling no less refreshed.  I've been cranky, emotional and altogether not much fun to be around.  Something just hasn't felt right.  So my midwife finally sent me off to get my bloods checked again, only to determine that my B12 had dropped to extremely low levels.  After a slight panic attack (thanks for nothing Dr Google) I went to visit my own doctor and had the first of three B12 shots.  It's only been a couple of days but already I can feel some life flowing back into me.  I still have a little while to go but what a relief it is to be functioning like a semi normal person again.

Anyway I really do miss this blog and hope I can start writing here more often again (or you know, for the next 3 months before the little one arrives and I'm probably too exhausted again!).  And also my apologise to everybody who hasn't recieved email replies etc from me lately, I'm starting to work through the list!
xx
P.S That last photo is of the cow charging down the hill to greet me.  Believe me you've never seen a pregnant lady jump a fence so fast!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Hun, thats how I was with Corvan and found my iron levels were ridiculously low....hmmm maybe its a boy :) Hope things get easier xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Oh my goodness it makes everything that much harder doesn't it! I do have a very strong feeling that it is a boy actually! Eep I guess we'll find out in about 3 months times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are feeling better. I found my second pregnancy much harder, I was always so tired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your wonderful blog and spent some time going through the archives. The posts on what to do around Auckland are fantastic, we have added a couple to our Summer wishlist. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you find time to record your thoughts here again soon.

    ReplyDelete